Walking In A Winter Wonderland

Over the weekend, we got a little winter wonderland.  I went to a blogger brunch and came outside to this!  I've always wanted to do a shoot in the snow and despite the cold, it was fun.  The inner child in me really wanted to build a snowman!  Let me just say I do not always walk in the snow in heels because I would bust my behind.  I wear my rain boots and then switch into my heels when I get to wherever I have to be :) 









Coat: Tommy Hilfiger c/o / Leggings: Zara
Boots: (old)ShoeDazzle (similar style)/ Hat: H&M (similar)
Bag: Phillip Lim For Target 


Originally, I was planning to shoot in the outfit I wore to the brunch.  But because of the weather, I just decided to focus on my outerwear which I haven't really done much of before.  My top 3 winter essentials are: a long statement coat, tall boots, and a hat.  One of my fondest memories of my father was going coat shopping around this time every year.  He always got me a new coat for Christmas and more than anything, I just loved spending that quality time during the holidays with him as we went shopping together.   I used to drag him to a bunch of stores! I remember the first peacoat he got me and I still have it hanging in my closet.  I've always been big on coats and definitely look at them as an investment piece for winter.  When you get a really good one, they will last for so many years.  I get tired of plain black ones, so something like this is such a stand out piece.  It's a great way to look winter chic. 

I've mentioned previously that I have had these boots for a few years now and I still love them.  Tall boots are the best for staying both warm and stylish at the same time.  I've also gotten a lot of use out of this hat over the last month or so.  I am completely obsessed with wide brim hats, especially for winter.   Sometimes wearing hats can be a little snug on our heads, so I actually got this one in a large for extra room and it never bothers me.  If you follow me on instagram, then you probably saw a photo I posted from the brunch.  That's what I had on under this coat :)

Hope that all of you have an amazing day!
<3

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment