New // V Necklace By Lobogato

DSC05024
Santa came early this year and gifted me this gorgeous necklace by Lobogato. Lobogato is a Belgian jewelry brand, founded by Veerle and Katrijn. From all the items they offer, their necklaces are my favorite; they're so feminine and delicate. All of the items are handmade and some of them can even be personalized. You can get a personalized hand stamped necklace here or go for the locket here, which can be pimped with your favorite photo inside. They're the perfect gift to give to one of your loved ones, especially with Christmas around the corner.

Lobogato nailed it by sending me their V-shape necklace, since the V hides so much symbolism (for me). It's best known as a peace sign, even though in Great-Britain (and colonies) it means something like 'f*ck you', depending on which part of your hand you're showing. It's also the Roman five and others also believe it's a symbol designating hatred towards Christians, thanks to Emperor Nero. Others even link it to Satanism and the occult. 'V For Vendetta' is one of my favorite movies and in one of my favorite Pearl Jam songs 'Jeremy', Eddie Vedder sings:

"At home, drawing pictures of mountain tops. With him on top, lemon yellow sun. Arms raised in a V..."

The song is about 15-year-old Jeremy Wade Delle, who shot himself in front of his English class on January 8, 1991. 

So you see, it has a lot of meanings to me. I can hear y'all thinking: "How the hell does she know all that?" Well, during my education as a history teacher, we learned a lot about symbols and symbolism. I have always found it quite fascinating and did a lot of research on my own, so there you go.

I would like to thank Veerle and Katrijn from Lobogato for the lovely gift.

Necklace: Thanks to LOBOGATO

0 comments:

Post a Comment