When Words Fail Music Speaks.

Those avid followers of my blog will remember that a month ago I started my first post about my favourite music tracks out at the moment and said I would continue this every month.

Those of you who are new to my blog may be wondering why am I blogging about music when my blog is fashion based? I am an avid lover of music and have recently even started to pursue this passion further by learning how to DJ. I was part of Choice FM's Music Potential course where I spent a week learning to DJ in The Roundhouse, London. This was a great opportunity as I got to speak to and meet loads of people from the music industry including music artist Angel.

Professor Green - Hackney Live Gig.
I also was lucky enough to go to the exclusive Professor Green gig in association with Relentless, held in Hackney Church, which I have to say was amazing! I went on behalf of Live Magazine with a colleague (read her review of the gig by clicking here). Check out some snaps I took below.




This Month's Picks
Well as promised here is the next post in the series of music based blog posts, check out some of my top picks below.

Nicki Minaj - Freedom
Nicki Minaj is back with another brilliant video for her song Freedom. The track starts of black and white and towards the end transitions into colour, showing freedom from the confines of black and white. Check out some of shots from the video below and click on the name of the track above to watch the video.





Va Va Voom 
Va Va Voom is another single from Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded - The Re-Up. The single was out last month but I didn't get a chance to blog about it. If you love fairytales you will love Nicki's take on them in this fab video.



Azealia Banks - Atlantis
Azealia Banks has another visually interesting video out for Atlantis. Directed by Fafi, this video is one you need to check out.



Alicia Keys ft Nicki Minaj - Girl on Fire
Alicia Keys Girl on Fire ft Nicki Minaj is another brilliant song. This is an updated video featuring Nicki Minaj. Keep an eye out for Alicia Keys album, Girl on Fire, which is out on November 27th.





Rebecca Ferguson - Shoulder to Shoulder
Rebecca Ferguson once again lets her vocals and music do the talking opting for a simple video with her single Shoulder to Shoulder, certainly one track to check out (click on the name of the track above to be redirected to the video).



Videos to watch out for. 

Rihanna - Nobody's Business 



Rihanna is back with her seventh album, Unapologetic, that saw her go on the 777 tour; seven concerts in seven nights in seven countries on a 777 jumbo jet filled with fans and journalists. One song on the track that is causing talk is the Chris Brown duet, Nobody's Business. The video is not out yet, but going by the history between the two and the sound of the song it is set to be one to watch out for.

Calvin Harris ft Tinie Tempah - Drinking from the Bottle


I am a big fan of Calvin Harris so naturally I love his latest single featuring Tinie Tempah, Drinking from the Bottle. The two are currently filming the music video for this song so keep an eye out I know I certainly will be. Calvin Harris tweeted a picture of himself and Tinie Tempah on the sets of the new music video, which can be seen above.

Girl's Aloud - Beautiful Because You Love Me


I was super excited when I heard Girl's Aloud where getting back together however I was disappointed when I heard Something New. The song has since grown on me but I was disappointed with the music video, could have been much better.

Girl's Aloud are set to release their latest single, Beautiful Because You Love Me on December 17th. What do we think? Do we prefer this single from Something New? Let's hope the video does not disappoint.

So Stylista's any songs you think I should have included that I missed out? Which songs do you like at the moment? Leave your comments below and don't forget to click the follow button on the side so I can reach my target followers and then do another giveaway ;)

XxX 

Follow me on Facebook                          Follow me on Twitter                    Follow me on Tumblr 

0 comments:

Post a Comment