Trend // Adidas 'Adilettes' Slippers

Sporty1
I've been keeping an eye on this upcoming trend for a while now and when I saw Mary-Kate Olsen leaving a restaurant above, it was official: the 'Adilettes' by Adidas are back. They were originally created as comfy footwear for athletes, were part of tons of street looks in the 90s and were banned into the deepest pits of fashion hell afterwards. The only thing still kind of acceptable was to wear them around the pool, coming out of the shower and... in my home town, combined with white socks and all. And guess what? It looks like the people in my teeny tiny home town were far ahead of the trend for once.

It might be surprising to see the Adilettes all over town again, but is it really? Remember when most of us were hating on wearing Birkenstocks in public and how they suddenly became THE it-item after Céline pimped and furred them a bit (I still don't like them, though)? Hypes really do find their way  sooner or later and even if others like to claim otherwise, I really believe that there aren't rules in fashion -- just wear what you like, that's my motto.

The Adilettes have been spotted on celebrities, bloggers and are even featured in editorials recently. I collected a couple of images after the jump. My opinion? I never thought I'd say this, but I love how some of the girls combined them. They really pull them off. Reflecting on my personal style, I'm afraid they're just not me. Plus, wearing them where I live, I'd probably be far behind on anyone else; they're a trend among the boys, I'm telling ya.

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on this one.
Cool? Or just not done?

Sporty7
Amanda Bynes was spotted wearing Adilettes and white socks in NYC. She's in rehab right now and according to the latest rumours, Amanda's doing great and she might even come home for the holidays. Let's hope she can pull everything together again, because I really liked her movies when I was younger and I do believe she's a talented young woman.

Sporty8
sporty11
Christine from Fash 'n Chips wears the Adilettes in both casual and chic outfits. I'm really digging the second outfit.

Sporty12
Celine from Hippie Hippie Milkshake combines the slippers with a touch of rock 'n roll. Plus, how gorgeous is that Proenza Schouler PS11 bag?

Sporty6
Photographer Aitken Jolly snapped the Adilettes multiple times in his editorial for b Magazine. You can see all the pictures here.

Sporty10
The same goes for Rebecca Naen and Hayley McCarthy from Fresh Habits, who put together this editorial called 'Socks & Slides'. Take a look at all the shots here.

Sporty9
Designer Misha Nonoo's Resort 2014 lookbook shows the Adilettes in almost every shot. You can see the whole lookbook here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment