Beauty // Dolce & Gabbana 'Sicilian Jewels' Collection, Part II

DSC04524
Remember when I was freaking out about the Dolce & Gabbana 'Sicilian Jewels' collection here? And how I said I would try to do anything to get my hands on my favorite items? After calling stores in Belgium and the Netherlands without any luck, my friend Karen told me that the collection was available online at Harrods. Needless to day that we immediately placed an order, even if I rarely buy something online. 

I decided to go for the red and purple lipstick, called 'Rubino' and 'Ametista'. Red because I'm addicted to any type of red lipstick (you can never go wrong with red, never ever) and purple because it's one of my favorite colors in general. Simple as that.

I tried both of them today and I can't wait to hear your thoughts on them, especially on the purple one.

DSC04547
First up is 'Rubino', which a darker, almost wine red color. It's the perfect color for fall and winter and after applying it, I can definitely understand why the lipstick made it into the holiday collection. Applying it once will give you a glossy effect. I had to apply it multiple times (I think it was 3 to 4 times) to receive the effect pictured above. Thumbs up for this one! 

DSC04565
Next up is 'Ametista' and I'm totally not sure what to think about it. I must say that I was a bit disappointed when I applied it the first time. It doesn't cover that well and it has a metallic shimmer, while it looked like a dark intense kind of purple in the official pictures. This might be because I'm not a fan of metallic at all -- I prefer matte lipsticks above all, but that's just something personal. You really have to apply it multiple times to make sure your lips are covered completely and equally. My mom hates it (big shock) and my dad loves it (bigger shock). I'm still undecided. I look in the mirror and go back and forth from 'Oh wow!' to 'Ew!'. I'm not sure if this is the perfect color to go grocery shopping, but I do think that it's the best eye catcher for a party. You have to stand out in the crowd, right? Oh, before I forget... 'Ametista' totally smells like violets!

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on these lipsticks.
What do you say? Team Rubino or team Ametista?

DSC04523

0 comments:

Post a Comment