Easter Pastels: Two Styles





She Said:
I decided to share two looks with you that are the same when it comes to colors yet let you choose from dressy to semi-dressy for your occasion. Both looks use pastels, which are always popular during Spring time. I love the teals and whites that blend for a calming feel, and lilacs with pinks are always an eye catcher. 


Purple Dress: This dress was on sale at Guess a few weeks ago; I posted a photo of it here on Instagram. The draping and shape is what makes this so unique. I paired it with drop chandelier rhinestone earrings from Forever 21, because bling is always in! My super soft clutch is from Tory Burch! My pop of teal in my buttonless blazer is from Foreign Exchange; the color will never go out of style. Lastly I picked these plum Guess heels. They are suede with a wooden heel. I love this for a dressy lunch or it would be great for Easter Sunday too. 


He Said:

Purple Dress: I like how she put this outfit together but she is walking a fine line here. The heels look good, a little boring as far as heels go but still decent. The jacket is great. I like the color and it’s hard to go wrong with jackets of this style, but the jacket saved her here. I’m sorry but this dress belongs on a bridesmaid in a wedding. The only thing keeping me from thinking she is on her way to a wedding is her jacket and even that is questionable, because bridesmaids wear jackets too. Maybe I am being too hard on her because I do like this outfit even though it doesn’t sound like I do, I guess it works for Easter besides a wedding.
 






I created my look on Polyvore.com:


MAXI DRESS

She Said:
Maxi Dress: I am falling in love all over again with maxis. One I bought pricier at Nordstrom’s and this one was only $15.00 at Forever 21. The color is the best part. It can be worn over a swimsuit or on semi-dressy girl’s day. Also from F21, I found this over-sized white blazer with rolled up sleeves at a consignment store. It is a bit large but will keep me warm. I chose these chunky Steve Madden heels from Ross to offset the turquoise bracelets and earrings from Forever 21. I needed a bit of pink so I brightened my cheeks and lips using show orchid from MAC. Hope these inspire you to create a fun outfit for this weekend.

He Said:
Maxi Dress: I love maxi dresses like this, they always seems to look great. They hide the bad and bring out the good in everyone’s body. She did a great job putting this together because she looks amazing. The white jacket could be a little cuter if it was shorter, but the length is not a big issue. I love the color in her maxi dress it screams spring and looks incredible against her skin. These heels would not have been my first choice to go with this dress but regardless they still look gorgeous. This outfit is a home run compared to the purple dress and the purple dress was not even bad.




I created my look on Polyvore.com:




katherines corner

button

Loves on a Thursday

0 comments:

Post a Comment