London Collections Men 2013

January 2013 has already kicked of with a fashionable bang thanks to London Men's fashion week, aka London Collections Men. I myself quite like wearing menswear pieces, as many of them can be worn by women, and I certainly saw plenty of pieces at LCM that I would love to add to my wardrobe. Sadly the fashionable event is coming to an end today so I thought it would only be right to pick out my top picks from the three day fashion event.

Katie Eary
If there is something I love it is electric print designs that are edgy and Katie Eary's menswear collection certainly had some fantastic print designs. The layered collection had plenty of pieces that caught my eye.





Alexander McQueen
The first menswear show in London from Alexander McQueen and it certainly did not disappoint. Taking influence from Savile Row Sarah Burton added a sinister twist whilst celebrating the history of menswear. There is pretty much something for all guys in this collection; from all black traditional style suits, to vivid prints or something for those guys that like a pop of colour or polka dots.








Jonathan Saunders 
Jonathan Saunders kept to his design aesthetic and still showed that he knows there is a difference between designing menswear and womenswear. The collection had a sporty fun feel to it with plenty of contrasting colours that can add an edgy and fun vibe to mens wardrobes. 






Christopher Kane
Christopher Kane was another designer that has taken influence from his womenswear collections and translated the popular designs into menswear and this is evident in the collection. Although I am not a massive fan of the animal esque print I did appreciate the Frankenstein theme and some of the pieces on offer. 



Christopher Shannon 
Another collection that caught my eye thanks to its clever details. This urban style collection from the Central St Martins graduate featured zip away sleeves which I found very interesting.  The theme behind the collection was anti- outfits and accidental styles which certainly was prominent throughout and worked very well. Again this was another collection where I spied a few pieces I would love to add to my wardrobe, mainly those shirts! 








Qasimi
Dark tones where on offer at Qasimi in the form of smart yet stylish menswear. Another interesting collection that caught my eye and it was certainly not just because of the interesting pattern on the models faces. 




So Stylista's what did you think of LCM shows? Any shows you think I should have mentioned and what did you think of my highlights? Leave your comments below. 


XxX

Follow me on Facebook                          Follow me on Twitter                    Follow me on Tumblr

0 comments:

Post a Comment