Birthday Miracle


She Said:
Yesterday I mentioned I would write about why my parents call me a miracle baby. The reason is I was fighting to come and stay in this world! I was born premature, three months early, at 1lb. 12oz. Yes, no joke! I spent 3 months in the hospital living in my incubator, with my parents and older brother by my side. I have posted a photo below from when I was a baby and could only fit in Cabbage Patch doll clothing (below was my first Christmas). So every year I am more thankful than the last. I feel like I was supposed to survive and be in this incredible world we have. I grew up, healthy and strong. When I was in high school decided to do my senior project on premature babies to provide awareness and show there are many premies who survive! I have also contributed to the March of Dimes, which I hold close to my heart! Wow, that was very personal and emotional, but felt great to share! Below is what I wore on my actual Birthday October 14th. 

I was so lucky my Dad could get us reservations at Catalina Kitchen at Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, which is my favorite place to go! We had an amazing brunch with my family. I wore my red, white and black eye-catching Zara jacket that I fell in love with; the tweed is what sold me! I wanted to pair it with my leather shorts from Bebe because it was a gorgeous sunny day out on Sunday! I wore a red top from 7 for all Mankind and tucked it in the front, as well as the outstanding necklace from Bright Lily! I chose to stick with leather theme and wore my Nine West pointed toe heels, and patent leather clutch from Forever 21. It was a great day and weekend and I am so happy to share it with all of you! Thank you SO much for all of the birthday wishes!

He Said:
I loved these shorts the first time I saw them, and nothing has changed since. I really love her jacket, it’s a little intimidating. I am not sure why, but when I was walking around with her at the beautiful Terranea Resort people were taking notice and making it very noticeable to me. I’m not sure if she noticed though. I feel a women demands respect and attention when wearing a jacket like this and pairing it with leather shorts, who would have known leather shorts went with a multi-colored jacket! The heels although were a little boring (and I’ve said this before.) but look great with the rest of the outfit. She looked amazing on her birthday-day and I thank God every day that she pulled through those critical moments in the first few months of her life to be here today.
 I tried rotating this photo but it would not allow me to (field goal?) - wearing a red limited edition cabbage patch outfit from a doll. 






Thank you so much for my celebrating my birthday!


The Only Ten I See

0 comments:

Post a Comment