Masculine turned Womanly

She Said:
Feeling the brisk air, frizzy hair developing and keeping warm but looking chic is always a challenge when Cali isn’t really that cold. Sometimes we just throw anything on and go! But today I wanted to share this fabulous military coat (similar here) with leather patches that doesn’t need much, for it stands out alone. The uniform/military style can seem masculine but with so many different styles of this design, it has turned into a feminine feature. This jacket was under the new arrivals section and I had a coupon for $15.00 off $100, which is sort of a rarity being Forever 21's items are already so inexpensive. I love the bright gold hardware and the snitched waist tie to allow for a flattering figure. The leather on the shoulders and collar is so smooth. What better way than to complement the focal point with skinny black Jbrand jeans? They are basic but make a bold statement. I was going to wear Uggs but I thought I would get too warm, so I grabbed my gifted Report booties from 6pm.com. I love the mixed textures in this ensemble and the jacket is quite warm, even though I am wearing a plain white Victoria’s Secret V-neck tee. I wanted to continue with the leather fabric, so my quilted tote was a perfect combo of design and chunky chains. So my hair will frizz, but I will be warm. I wore this over the weekend and got a few compliments. It really is a great jacket to own. It will be a staple in my closet for years to come. Happy Monday everyone! 

Follow us on Instagram @ Shesaid_Hesaid 
Be sure to check out Lucky Community: http://contributors.luckymag.com/user/chelsea-davis and vote for as many outfits you love!

He Said:
There is not much to get excited about with this outfit, but that’s ok because she still looks great. You’re not going to draw crowds to see your outfit when you pair boring black pants with an above average looking jacket. What is good about this outfit is her intent.  She’s warm and comfortable and doesn’t look like a bum, she just looks casual. Her jacket has some nice accents - large pockets and leather - but it’s just too loose fitting and is not unique enough. I don’t have anything to say about her pants, other than just boring, and then there are her shoes. I don’t know what it is about these shoes but I really hate them in this look today. I normally like these shoes but here they have absolutely no appeal to me whatsoever. They remind me of the shoes my fashion backwards junior high school teacher would wear. This is one, boring, non alluring outfit but I can relate to the warmth and comfort factor. 

On Friday I attended my holiday party at work and wanted to share with you what I wore. I did post this on Instagram, so it may be repetitive. I had a wonderful time with my love and close friends.

 I am wearing a bordeax dress from Foreign Exchange, coat F21, earrings from Nordstroms
Chelsey is wearing all H&M, she found great deals and looked fabulous!








stillbeingmolly
Covered in Grace
Join us! Click the Spotlight

0 comments:

Post a Comment