Brit Awards 2013

 The Brit Awards took place last night, (as I am sure you all know) and this was one awards night I couldn't wait to watch especially when I found out that Justin Timberlake was set to perform! Come on who doesn't like a bit of JT. 

I am most probably going to shoot myself in the foot (as they say) for writing this but I actually was disappointed with the Brit Awards. I am not going to pretend I thought it was amazing when I didn't think so. I am not saying it was awful but I think it is because I got my hopes up. Even though Jay Z wasn't on the lineup I thought since he is in town he would perform Suit and Tie with JT, as I am sure loads thought too. I imagined it to be like how Kylie performed with Justin in 2003, but with less grinding. Justin Bieber is also in town so I thought at least he would show up (note that I think he is a good artist and performer, nothing else). See it's my own fault I got my expectations to high!

As for the performances Muse was great and of course JT, even though he didn't perform Suit and Tie and opted for Mirrors instead and there was no Jay Z it was still good! After that though it was a bit downhill really...

Red Carpet Fashion 
Anyways enough of me moaning about The Brit's let's get to the red carpet fashion. It was a mix, with some getting 'glammed' up and others going for a surprisingly quite casual look (Lana Del Rey in Chanel comes to mind). 

Best Dressed

I wouldn't say there was any dresses that made me go wow but if I have to choose Taylor Swift in Elie Saab would make the list the best dressed

Jessie J has changed her stylist once again and I quite like this Versace gown. It is simple yet effective!

Worst Dressed


Rita Ora opted for a light peach Ulyana Sergeenko gown which looked really unflattering on the singer. I totally get the raw edges thing but it doesn't really work on a red carpet gown and looked messy! 

Bond girl Berenice Marlohe looked stunning but I did not like the silver gown! When she was presenting an award it looked like she was going to have a costume mishap and I just don't like the fabric. 


Gemma Atherton opted for a sequinned Jonathan Saunders number which just did nothing for the actress. 

And the rest 
It was a mix, with some opting for black whilst other's went for brighter colours. 


Lana Del Rey opted for a very casual look in this Chanel shirt dress.  


Rebecca Ferguson was another that went for a black gown.

Delilah opted for Michael Kors.

Emilie Sande opted for a simple yet quite effective all black look. 




Alexa Chung was another that went for a casual look with this Valentino playsuit. 


Not a fan of Corinne Bailey Rae 's dress. 

I quite liked Paloma Faith's Dolce and Gabbana dress bit different.


A*M*E looked pretty in pink! 

Katherine Jenkins opted for Stella McCartney...not a fan.

Little Mix opted for a variety of different looks. I quite like Jade's Mary Benson dress.

Jourdan Dunn opted for Balmain for the red carpet. I did prefer the black dress she wore to present the award on the night over this one. 


And the Guys 
Most of the guys went for suits and looked great. I think they are giving the ladies a run for their money when it comes to fashion. They put more effort into their looks than some of the females! 



Justin Timberlake looked dapper in Tom Ford, of course.

One Direction opted for a mixture of Alexander McQueen, Burberry, Topman and ASOS. I will let you figure out who wore what!

Ed Sheeran looked smart in his suit, I have to say he carried this look off well.


Rizzle Kicks looked dapper in their suits! 

Robbie Williams pulled of the plum look. 

Ne-Yo looked good in his suit, once again the shoes stand out to me.

Frank Ocean went for a more casual look.


The Winners
Best British Male
Ben Howard 

Best British Female
Emeli Sandé 

Best British Group
Mumford and Sons


Best Live Act
Coldplay


Best International Group
The Black Keys 

Best International Male
Frank Ocean


Best International Female
Lana Del Rey


Mastercard British Album of the Year
Emeli Sandé - Our Version of Events 

Best British Single
Adele - Skyfall


Best British Breakthrough
Ben Howard 


Global Success Award
One Direction


Special Recognition
War Child



So Stylista's what did you all think of The Brit's? Which where your favourite red carpet looks and what did you think of the winners? Leave your comment's below.



XxX
Follow me on Facebook                          Follow me on Twitter                    Follow me on Tumblr

0 comments:

Post a Comment