Literature // The House Of Gucci


























A late Christmas gift arrived on my doorstep a couple of days ago. My sister ordered me the book 'The House Of Gucci:
A Sensational Story of Murder, Madness and Greed' by Sara Gay Forden on Amazon.com.

Obviously, the book talks about the Gucci-family and empire, but also focuses on the murder of Maurizio Gucci, who was murdered by his wife Patrizia Reggiani. My history with the Gucci-tales goes way back, since a cousin of my grandmother used to work for Maurizio and Patrizia -- She was a cleaning lady at their home in Milan. 

Reggiani got a sentence of 29 years - later reduced to 26 - and was recently given the chance to get released early. Her response?

"Being released from jail would mean that I would have to work. I haven't worked a day in my life and I'm not planning to either. So I'm staying right here."

Can you believe it?

I can't wait to read this book, which will be after I finish my exams.
Has any of you read it? What did you think about it? 

x Krizia

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment