Inspiration // Frances Bean Cobain by Hedi Slimane

Frances
"... I suddenly wanted to dress differently, to wear clothes designed by Hedi Slimane”Karl Lagerfeld said when he lost about 40 kg back in 2001. You might know Hedi Slimane from his contributions to Christian Dior - and especially Dior Homme - but I've always loved him for his photography. 

As a huge Nirvana-fan, I was surprised to see Frances Bean Cobain pop up on Slimane's website. For those who might not know her: Frances Bean Cobain is the daughter of the late Nirvana-frontman Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love. I hadn't read about Frances Bean Cobain for a long time, only knowing that the relationship with her mother is a bit 'strained' now, to say the least. I do still remember the famous picture of Frances as a baby in her father's arms, though.

When I saw these black and white-pictures of Frances, I was stunned. Still imagining her as a little baby, I couldn't believe that she was the fully grown up, young woman in the pictures. I find her absolutely beautiful and I love the dark touch in the pictures. As for the tattoos -- I'm a big fan of tattoos, so hers aren't an exception. They're not all my cup of tea, but I always liked certain quotes, from a song or a book for example, as a tattoo.

Am I the only one who feels a new it-girl coming up here?
I'm going to quit nagging now and hope that you enjoyed the pictures as much as I did.

P.S.: I added my favorite Nirvana-performance at the end of this post.
P.P.S.: These are only a couple of pictures taken from the photos hoot, you can see all of them HERE.

x Krizia

Pictures: Hedislimane.com


Frances1 Frances3 Frances4 Frances5 Frances6 Frances7 Frances8 Frances9 Frances10

0 comments:

Post a Comment