Personal // Dark

DSC05257
With a day starting so sunny, who could have imagined the amount of darkness it has left behind? A huge (hail) storm flooded most parts of Belgium yesterday, but what's even worse is the fact that the storm killed 5 people and injured many more at Pukkelpop, one of Belgium's biggest music festivals. I took the pictures above and below before realizing the damage the storm really caused, transforming it to one of the darkest days is Belgium's (music) history. But still, there's a teeny tiny light at the end of the tunnel:

Twitter suddenly turned into a platform to help people find their friends and family who were gone missing because of all the chaos at the festival. People from all over the country opened up their hearts and homes to help those who couldn't return home, offering beds, warm clothes, food ... It's amazing how strangers can become so close in times of need. As for Facebook, I have no words... Only minutes after the tragedy at Pukkelpop, groups such as 'I survived Pukkelpop 2011' and 'I'm glad I didn't attend Pukkelpop 2011' popped up, making me absolutely sick. It's so inappropriate I can't even describe it.

I also added some pictures of a shoot I did, but decided to post them in black and white. Because of my re-sits I probably won't have the time to post them the coming days - which is why I'm posting them now - but it also seemed kind of wrong to put them in bright colors up here with the entire nation still in shock of what happened.

Call me corny or whatever, it just feels better this way.
My prayers and thoughts go out to everyone affected by the tragedy at Pukkelpop.

P.S.: I decided to pick the most neutral and serene pictures, so I'm sorry if some of them look alike.

 x Krizia

DSC05259 DSC05275 DSC05276 DSC05280 DSC05285 DSC05289 DSC05295 DSC05297 DSC05307 DSC05332 DSC05341 DSC05327

0 comments:

Post a Comment