Opinion // Following


Hi everyone!

First of all, I'd like to thank you all for all the good luck wishes concerning my upcoming exams. I wish you the best of luck too!

This post is different from the ones I usually publish on Shark Attack, but it's about a matter I'd like to talk to you about. I noticed that I get a lot of comments who go like this:

"Great blog! If you follow me I will follow you!"

I really have mixed feelings about comments like these. To me, they don't seem sincere at all. They're just a platform to gain a lot of followers and I refuse to take part in this. I don't have any problems with my readers leaving the link to their blog in a comment (I do it too) and I love discovering new blogs. But there's a difference between leaving a nice comment with a link to your blog and leaving a comment which only says: "Follow me". Looking at comments, it's usually easy to tell who actually read your post and who just commented with the hopes that you'll follow their blog.

Right now, I have 209 followers on Google Friend Connect and 106 followers on Bloglovin'. There could have been many more if I also commented with "Follow me and I'll follow you", but I want people to follow me because they actually like my blog and not because I asked them to. So I'm very pleased with the 209 followers I have here instead of having thousands who probably don't even look at my blog with sincere interest. :)

I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings with this post, but it was something I really had to share with you. I'd also like to know your opinion on this. Shoot!

x Krizia

0 comments:

Post a Comment