Stripes with Leopard?


She Said:
I feel a little guilty wearing shorts when we are in January already, but its 70 degrees here, my apologies east coast! These Express shorts are a florescent hot pink, tailored with a two inch hem, I loved them on my Florida trip here over the summer. I wanted to be a bit edgy so I found this really cool faux leather tank with a crochet back from Marshalls, it was about $12 and best part, I could steam it (inside out) so it was 100% for this look! If you are looking for a steamer I was gifted Home Touch Perfect Steam Deluxe and it is the BEST, definitely recommend it. I decided to mix some prints since the pink reminds me of leopard and stripes I did both. This black and white striped blazer is from Nordstrom Rack, it was on sale and I love the cut of it. We all need an assortment of blazers. Le Bunny Bleu makes incredibly comfortable loafers, I love my Sahara Loafers, and they are cute with a touch of pink and edgy by adding some studs. These two prints look great together; it is simple and not over done, which is why I picked my new leopard envelope clutch. HE gave it to me for Christmas, and it has just enough texture and print for a chic accessory. I added a luscious lipstick by MAC Cosmetics in Full Fuchsia and layered on some clear gloss, for my final touches. Do you like mixing prints?
He Said:
I like how she put together today’s outfit because she could have just left it alone with the black and white with animal print theme, but she didn’t she added this great splash of color with her shorts. The top is by far the sexist part of this outfit and it looks great along with the jacket, I cannot take my eyes off her top. This is going to sound crazy because I am the one that purchased this clutch for her, but it is just too big here. It looks like a comical over exaggerated clutch, it might look good somewhere but it just seems funny here. The pros are her top and shorts and as much as it kills me to say this, the only thing I would change is her clutch.





https://www.facebook.com/Marshalls

the pleated poppy blog


STYLELIXIR Style Sessions





0 comments:

Post a Comment