Ruffled Hems


She Said:
Happy Wednesday, it is mid week and all about peplum and prints. I wanted to create a daring ruffled hemline look you could wear on a date night with girlfriends or your boyfriend. Feel amazing and stylish, peplum pieces can transform the way you feel. For instance, this peplum in a blue and black metallic printed top from Forever 21, this tweed one is also one of my favorites. It is elegant and classic, and I could not pass up pairing it with a skirt. I found this drop waist skirt in black from H&M but Windsor has the same skirt, I love the fit and it is very flattering on anyone. So with the classics done, I added a tassel long gold necklace from Forever 21, it adds a pop if edginess. I could wear this with black pumps, or strappy heels but I picked up these Nordstrom Halogen booties in black during the winter sale, they are a must have. I love the shape and patent leather on the back. Lastly, I curled my hair which brought out my wild side and I picked my Banana Republic leopard clutch (sold out) inexpensive version here - pricy version here, I am obsessed, I wear it everywhere! It really should be Friday because I am ready to  go out, what do you like wearing on a night out?
He Said:
I like the concept behind this outfit, but there is something about this top that just rubs me the wrong way. The colors and style are great. I love it, especially her shoes, they are so clean, simply and sexy. The skirt looks amazing as well; you can almost never go wrong with any skirt. Her top looks great except there is something weird going on in her mid section; I can’t put my finger on it but something that just does not look right. I love the gold with these dark colors and her hair and make-up is flawless as usual. If it wasn’t for this weird thing in her mid section I would be 100 percent on board.
Shop my look: 





the pleated poppy blog


STYLELIXIR Style Sessions





0 comments:

Post a Comment